Year Established: 1956
2016 Membership: 665 active and life / 187 associate and honorary
Regular Meetings: Third Saturday from January to March, and in November; Third Thursday from April to June, and September and October / Coffee every Thursday morning
Communications: Division website
The Nova Scotia Division holds Coffee breaks once a week, monthly General Meetings except July, August and December, monthly luncheons except July, August and January. Executive holds monthly meetings except July, August. The Executive meets with the seven regions once a year in their region and all are invited to attend. Our Support and Advocacy (S&A) section is the main reason why a person would want to join. The section will help members with concerns with Veteran’s Affairs of Canada, support families in difficult times such as before and after death of a member/spouse. We are now getting into the field of PTSD to enable members to obtain the full benefit of entitlements. Spouses are highly encouraged to attend S&A workshops.
Tradition and heritage events
- Support and Advocacy workshops twice a year,
- Support to families upon a member/spouse death,
- Support to the ”Festival of the Trees“ event once a year in support of the Mental Health Society of Nova Scotia,
- Numerous informal functions in the different regions.
Sick and shut-in visits
Visitations to veterans and members, and get-well offerings.
- Standing Representative at RCMP medal ceremonies
- Remembrance Day Service Attendance throughout the Province
- Attendance at Annual Police Memorial Service
- Grave Inspection Program
- Division advocacy; Updates on veteran issues and benefits, such as estate planning insurance, etc.
- Annual gravesite inspections
- Support of charities in our communities through region fund raisers, 50/50 draws, welcoming visitors to the province etc.
- Christmas Dinner/Breakfast
- Golf Tournament
- Curling Bonspiel
- Support and Advocacy workshops have been held in support of RCMP, Civilian Members as well as Public Servants
- AGM 2016 in September will be the highlight of our 60th anniversary of our division