Year Established: 2000
2021 Membership: 69 active, 5 life, 6 associate and 1 honourary
Regular Meetings: Dinner, held quarterly / Coffee every Wednesday morning in Barrie
Communications: Quarterly division newsletter, The Trooper
Georgian Bay Division currently meets once weekly on Wednesday mornings for an informal coffee klatch at Barrie and every two weeks at Stayner, Ontario. This social time is well attended and provides members the opportunity to keep current on Division/Force developments and allows for input to enable the Division Executive/members to plan future social and support activities.
Tradition and heritage events
- Georgian Bay Division in partnership with Toronto North Detachment (Newmarket) hosts an annual Golf Tournament at Base Borden Golf and Country Club. Since the start of the tournament, the Charity recipient for funds raised by this event has been the Toronto Sick Kids Hospital. The 2015 Tournament raised a $4500.00 contribution to the charity which was jointly presented to the hospital by the Division/RCMP at Newmarket Detachment later in the Fall. This event is the only fund raiser event currently hosted by the Division.
- In October 2015, members of the Division assisted the Collingwood Historical Society to help celebrate the Anniversary of the start of the March West by ship from Collingwood, Ontario. Members provided historical background to many members of the public who attended the event. Division members shared their knowledge of the history of the Force and included a display of Division/Force memorabilia. The event was also attended by the RCMP/CCGS Carriere which was in port for the event. Ship personnel assisted the Historical Society by attending the event in Review Order to answer questions and also conducted public tours of the vessel in harbour.
Sick and shut-in visits
Visitations to veterans and members, and get-well offerings.
- Remembrance Day and police/peace officer memorial services (Barrie and Alliston Communities).
- RCMP medal ceremonies.
- RCMP Retirement Planning Events.
- Division advocacy; Updates on veteran issues and benefits, such as estate planning insurance, etc.
- Honour Guard for wakes and funerals.
- Annual gravesite inspections
- Annual dinner and AGM.
- A summer Barbeque at the home of a member which is well attended.
- A Christmas dinner which is held at the Base Borden Golf and Country Club.