Year Established: 1954
2016 Membership: 331 active and life / 46 associate and honorary
Regular Meetings: First Tuesday of the month (September to June) / Coffee, second Tuesdays in Selkirk; third Wednesdays in Gimli
Communications: Monthly division newsletter, Keeping In Touch (KIT)
The Manitoba Division holds regular and informal meetings in Winnipeg and several rural communities with luncheons, guest speakers and social events.
Tradition and heritage events
- Division Scholarship Program annually awarded to a university student.
- Annual donations to various charities through our Trust Fund.
Sick and shut-in visits
Visitations to veterans and members, and get-well offerings.
- Standing Representative at RCMP medal ceremonies
- Participation in the planning and development of the RCMP Fallen Members Guide
- Remembrance Day Service Attendance by Association Members
- Attendance at Annual Police Memorial Service
- Assist the RCMP Grave Inspection Program
- Honor Roll Plaque Project for Members Killed on Duty
- Division advocacy; Updates on veteran issues and benefits, such as estate planning insurance, etc.
- Annual gravesite inspections
- Regular and informal meetings in Winnipeg and several rural communities with luncheons, guest speakers and social events
- Annual Christmas Cake Program for Widows
- Welfare and Support for members/families in difficult times through our Welfare and Benefits Committee