Year Established: 1977
2016 Membership: 130 active and life / 6 associate and honorary
Regular Meetings: Dinner, third Wednesday of the month (January, March, May, September and November at Storms’ On the River) / Coffee, first Thursday of the month at 9:30 am at A&W, Columbus Square
Communications: Monthly newsletter
The Kamloops Division of the Royal Canadian Mounted Police Veterans’ Association is a venue that provides an opportunity for its membership to gather, exchange stories and concerns and receive ongoing information as it relates to our veterans and their wives or widows. We plan our monthly and annual events in response to the needs and wishes of our members.
Tradition and heritage events
- A 50/50 draw is instigated during regular meetings with the proceeds being directed to the Marjorie Willoughby Fund for Hospice.
- Maintains a Data Base with information on retired and former regular members of the Royal Canadian Mounted Police; Royal North West Mounted Police and North West Mounted Police.
Sick and shut-in visits
Visitations to veterans and members, and get-well offerings.
- Remembrance Day services
- Annual police/peace officer memorial services
- Honour guard at wakes and funerals
- Division advocacy; Updates on veteran issues and benefits, such as estate planning insurance, etc.
- Annual gravesite inspections
- Annual Christmas dinner
- Annual golf tournament and barbecue
- Guest speakers on member-interest issues