2019 Membership: 254 Active, 6 Life / 93 Associate and 4 Honourary
Regular Meetings: September to June / Coffee every Tuesday, 9:00 am at Southland Mall
Communications: Monthly division newsletter
We hold 10 meetings per year from September to June. Activities are normally arranged for the summer months such as a Golf tournament and summer barbecue to which regular members are invited to participate, as well as fellowship with the Saskatoon Veteran Division. We attend their Battleford Spring meeting which includes a Regimental dinner. We hold one of our monthly meetings in Yorkton, a day of golf and fellowship followed by a steak barbecue to reach out to members of our Division in Yorkton and to attract retired members to join the Association.
Tradition and heritage events
- Members of the Regina Veterans attend almost on a weekly basis the Cadet Regimental Dinners bringing greetings and messages to Staff and the newly graduated members. We are building bridges with the future members of the Force and hopefully they see benefit in joining the RCMP Veterans’ Association on retirement.
- We hold an annual trip to Plentywood Montana to meet with members of the Veterans from the US Military to celebrate US Memorial Day with Veterans and the community.
- We volunteer at the RCMP Heritage Centre both as guides and drivers on the People Movers.
- The Division holds an annual Church Parade to honour our deceased members as well as attendance at the RCMP Annual ”Depot“ Memorial Parade.
Sick and shut-in visits
Visitations to veterans and members, and get-well offerings.
- Remembrance Day and police/peace officer memorial services
- RCMP medal ceremonies
- Division advocacy; Updates on veteran issues and benefits, such as estate planning insurance, etc.
- Annual gravesite inspections
- Annual Christmas Candlelight Dinner (widows are our guests)
- Participation with the Salvation Army Kettle drive at Christmas
- We hold an annual shoot every March, with serving Instructors from Depot Division and an ongoing contingent from the Saskatoon Veterans
- Fund Raising initiatives with the Force, such as a ”School Reading Program“
- The Division is a regular host of the Association’s AGMs – last in 2010 and plans for the 2020 AGM