Year Established: 1971
2019 Membership: 88 active and life / 19 associate and honorary
Regular Meetings: Annual general meeting before the end of May each year; business meetings as required / Coffee every Tuesday morning
Mike Duffy, Secretary
Lethbridge Division has a coffee morning every Tuesday at the Lethbridge Casino from 10:00 AM forward.
Safety Meetings to exchange news, health updates, Last Posts, and other items of interest are held at 3:00 PM Wednesdays at the General Stewart Branch #4 of the Royal Canadian Legion, Lethbridge, AB.
Lethbridge Division hosts a breakfast for Veterans and Serving Members when there are special events in Lethbridge, or the Lethbridge area.
Lethbridge Division also hosts other Social Events such as:
- Alternating with Calgary Division as host for an Annual Golf Tournament at The Bridges Golf Course in Claresholm, AB;
- Valentine’s Supper (February);
- Veterans & Serving Members Barbecue (June) in conjunction with Lethbridge Police Service and the International Police Association members;
Corn Roast (late summer as the corn crop is harvested).
Tradition and heritage events
- Lethbridge Division alternates with Calgary Division as host for an Annual Golf Tournament at the Golf Course in Claresholm, AB.
- Lethbridge Division participates the local Law Enforcement Dinner with Lethbridge Police Association, serving RCMP personnel and the International Police Association. Hosting this event is on a rotational basis.
- Division Veterans are Associate Members of the 20th Field Battery, Royal Canadian Artillery.
- We liaise with the Lethbridge United Services Institute which promotes public participation on defence and national security issues.
- Lethbridge Division, with Cypress Hills Division, Regina Division and Saskatoon Division participate in inter-divisional social functions. The location of the Socials is on a rotational basis.
- In keeping with travelling to get together and share information, Division Veterans Safety Meetings to the outlying areas of South Western Alberta for those Veterans residing outside of Lethbridge, Crowsnest Pass, Pincher Creek, AB.
Sick and shut-in visits
Visitations to veterans and members, and get-well offerings.
- Remembrance Day services in communities where members reside
- Police/peace officer memorial services
- Honour guard at wakes and funerals
- Division advocacy; Updates on veteran issues and benefits, such as estate planning insurance, etc.
- Encourage serving Detachment Commanders to conduct Annual Gravesite inspections as per Operational Manual II.8
- Annual Christmas dinner
- Valentine’s; June barbecue, Fall Corn Roast events