Year Established: 1971
2016 Membership: 59 active and life / 19 associate and honorary
Regular Meetings: Annual general meeting before the end of May each year; business meetings as required / Coffee every Tuesday morning
Communications: Bulletin in the works
Lethbridge Division has a coffee morning every Tuesday at the Lethbridge Casino from 10:00 AM forward. In the past and with a positive view to the future, Lethbridge Division hosts a breakfast for Veterans, serving Members and the Serving Members of the RCMP Musical Ride when the Ride visits Lethbridge or the Lethbridge area. Lethbridge Division also hosts other Social Events such as the Valentine’s Supper (February); the Veterans & Serving Members barbecue (June) in conjunction with Lethbridge Police Service and the International Police Association members; and the Corn Roast (late summer as the corn crop is harvested).
Tradition and heritage events
- Lethbridge Division alternates with Calgary Division as host for an Annual Golf Tournament at the Golf Course in Claresholm, AB.
- Lethbridge Division participates the local Law Enforcement Dinner with Lethbridge Police Association, serving RCMP personnel and the International Police Association. Hosting this event is on a rotational basis.
- Division Veterans are Associate Members of the 20th Field Battery, Royal Canadian Artillery.
- We liaise with the Lethbridge United Services Institute which promotes public participation on defence and national security issues.
- Lethbridge Division, along with Cypress Hills Division and both now being invited by Regina Division to participate in inter-divisional social functions. The next Lethbridge/Cypress Hills Division get-together is planned for April 2016 in Taber, AB. The three Divisions are planning for a late summer get-together in the Redcliff, AB or Swift Current, SK area.
- In keeping with travelling to get together and share information, Division Veterans are planning to take a Safety Meeting to the outlying areas of South Western Alberta to include those Veterans residing in or near those areas; for example, Crowsnest Pass, AB.
Sick and shut-in visits
Visitations to veterans and members, and get-well offerings.
- Remembrance Day services in communities where members reside
- Police/peace officer memorial services
- Honour guard at wakes and funerals
- Division advocacy; Updates on veteran issues and benefits, such as estate planning insurance, etc.
- Annual gravesite inspections
- Annual Christmas dinner
- Valentine’s; June barbecue, Fall Corn Roast events
- Safety Meetings to exchange news, health updates, Last Posts, and other items of interest are held at 3:00 PM Wednesdays at the General Stewart Branch #3 of the Royal Canadian Legion, Lethbridge, AB.