Year Established: 1971
2023 Membership: 87 active and life / 36 associate and honorary, as of 22FEB2023
Regular Meetings: Annual Meeting of Members in the first two months of each year; business meetings as required; Coffee & Breakfast every Tuesday morning at Lethbridge, Alberta Pure Gaming Casino starting at 9:30 AM; Safety Meetings every Wednesday afternoon at the General Stewart Branch No. 4 of the Royal Canadian Legion, Lethbridge, Alberta commencing at 3:00 PM.
RCMP Veterans’ Association
c/o RCMPolice Coaldale Detachment
705 – 19 A Avenue, P.O. Box 1000
Coaldale, AB T1M 0C3
Mike Duffy, Secretary
Marion Wiebe, Membership Director
Lethbridge Division has a coffee morning every Tuesday at the Lethbridge Casino from 9:30 AM forward. Breakfast is available before 11:00 AM at a reduced price.
Safety Meetings to exchange news, health updates, Last Posts, and other items of interest are held at 3:00 PM Wednesdays at the General Stewart Branch No.4 of the Royal Canadian Legion, Lethbridge, AB.
Lethbridge Division hosts a breakfast for Veterans and Serving Members when there are special events in Lethbridge, or the Lethbridge area.
Three members of Lethbridge Division are part of the RCMP Veterans’ Association (RCMPVA) Support and Advocacy initiative. These members and their contact information are listed under the Support and Advocacy Tab on the RCMPVA.org Home Page. Visit the Support and Advocacy area of the website for more information . To view all areas, including those that are Password Protected, ensure your RCMPVA Membership is current.
Tradition and heritage events
- Lethbridge Division alternates with Calgary Division as host for an Annual Golf Tournament at The Bridges Golf Course in Claresholm, AB.
- Division Veterans are Associate Members of the 20th Field Battery Mess, Royal Canadian Artillery. This is always subject to review as the membership criteria is regularly reassessed by the Mess Executive.
- We liaise with the Lethbridge United Services Institute which promotes public participation on defence and national security issues.
- Lethbridge Division, with Cypress Hills Division, Calgary Division, Regina Division and Saskatoon Division (pending confirmation) participate in inter-divisional social functions. The location of the Socials is on a rotational basis.
- In keeping with travelling to get together and share information, Division Veterans Safety Meetings to the outlying areas of Southwestern Alberta for those Veterans residing outside of Lethbridge, eg: Crowsnest Pass, Pincher Creek, AB.
- Lethbridge Division hosts an Annual Christmas Dinner for our membership and invited guests. The Dinner takes place on the second Saturday of December every year.
Lethbridge Division has minted Challenge Coins for 2017, 2020 And 2023. Plans are underway for another coin in 2026. There are a few 2023 coins remaining for sale at $15.00 each (plus shipping, if applicable).
- We are currently planning on taking our place in hosting the 2024 Inter-Divisional social function with Cypress Hills and Regina Divisions.
- This Division is currently recovering from the COVID lockout of social events. In addition to the annual Christmas Dinner. – this Division executives hosts an informal mid-summer BBQ which in 2023 is expanding to include invited guests.
- The Division is hoping to expand the number of social events by one additional event each year.
- Visitations to veterans and members, and get-well offerings.
- Remembrance Day services in communities where members reside
- Police/Peace Officer Memorial Services, Flag Day, and Canada Day Ceremonies.
- Participation in local parades and community events
- For members of the RCMP Veterans’ Association (RCMPVA) – the Lethbridge Division Honour Guard can attend wakes and funerals.
- As noted, three Lethbridge Division Members are part of the RCMPVA Support & Advocacy initiative providing updates ad assistance with veterans’ issues, health benefits & services, Dental Plan and Public Service Health Care Plan updates, insurance concerns, survivor benefits, and more.
- Encourage serving Detachment Commanders to conduct Annual Gravesite inspections as per Operational Manual II.8
- Liaison with the Royal Canadian Legion Last Post Fund for replacing regimental grave markers for members of the NWMP, RNWMP and RCMP.
- Encourage serving RCMP Members to join as Associate Members
- Provide spiritual guidance by our Division Chaplain upon a Member’s request.
- Beginning in 2023, producing a Division Quarterly Newsletter
- Annual Christmas dinner
- June barbecue, Fall Corn Roast events.