352 Active and Life members
192 Associate and Honourary Members
Regular Meetings: Last Tuesday of the month, meetings held at the Woodvale Community Facility
Communications: Division newsletter (published 10 times per year) and our Division website.
Tradition and heritage events
- Maintain the Wall of Honour at K Division HQ Building
- Support to Valour Place where ill members and their family can stay for medical treatment and appointments
- Sponsor Christmas hampers for families that are in difficult financial circumstances
- Assist Project KARE which deals with missing and murders females in Alberta
Sick and shut-in visits
Visitations to Veterans and serving Members, get-well offerings are administered through our Boost program.
- Remembrance Day services
- RCMP medal ceremonies
- Attendance at annual police memorial service
- Maintains the Wall of Honour at ”K“ Division HQ
The Edmonton Division holds monthly dinner meetings of members. We support various charitable organizations throughout the year and ensure the welfare of the members are looked after. We are currently attempting to upgrade the RCMP plot at the Fort Saskatchewan cemetery. This plot is one of four RCMP cemeteries in the Nation and is close to capacity.
- Division advocacy; Updates on veteran issues and benefits, such as estate planning insurance, etc.
- Honour guard at wakes and funerals
- Annual gravesite inspections
- One member of the Executive is a member of the Board of Directors of Valour Place
- Appreciation Dinner to recognize the spouses of deceased members and also those who have supported the Veterans Association
- Assist in sponsorship of annual Alberta Police Association Golf Tournament
- Attends formal functions being held at K Division i.e. Change of Command Ceremonies
- Act as host to various events concerning policing matters