Year Established: 1886
2020 Membership: 259 active and life / 172 associate and honorary
Meetings: Please refer to our web site
Communications: Division newsletter (issued four times per year) and website
The beginning of a legacy
- First recorded meeting of the North West Mounted Police (NWMP) former Members took place in Calgary on April 16th, 1886 at the town hall with twenty-four Members in attendance.
- First recorded dinner took place at the Royal Hotel in Calgary on November 4th, 1886 and led to the formation of the NWMP Veterans’ Association.
- In 1954 the Association’s name was changed to the RCMP Veterans’ Association in Calgary and it remained there until 1965 when it moved to Ottawa, Headquarters of the RCMP.
Tradition and heritage events
- Fort Calgary Heritage Site: Education and visitor greeting programs
- Calgary Exhibition and Stampede: Calgary Stampede Parade and visitor greeting program at the Morley Detachment, Calgary Stampede grounds
- Other events as requested
- Remembrance Day: Ceremony at Fort Calgary. Field of Crosses Memorial Ceremony
- Police/peace officer memorial services
- RCMP Medal Ceremonies, Fort Calgary
- Widows and Life Members luncheons
- RCMP Veterans and ex-members luncheons
- Annual golf tournament
- Spring barbecue
- Fall dinner
- Christmas dinner