Year Established: 1958
2021 Membership: 177 active and life / 15 associate and honorary
Regular Meetings: Second Tuesday of the month (excluding July & August)
Coffee Gathering: Nutana Legion – Saskatoon – Every Friday, 9:30-11:00
Communications: Newsletter and regular emails to the membership
Since inception in 1958 and to the present, Saskatoon Division focuses on the physical, social and economic welfare of our members and their families while actively contributing to our communities. Through our web site, we provide a conduit to members across Canada. We welcome members and guests to our meetings the second Tuesday of each month; you can find our meeting schedule posted on our web site. Geographically centered between Prince Albert Division to the North and Regina Division to the South, we work to enhance the Force’s presence in Saskatchewan.
Tradition and heritage events
- Saskatoon Division built and maintains the RNWMP Detachment at the Western Development Museum (WDM) and supports Heritage Day at the WDM with members dressing in period uniforms and manning the Detachment.
- We regularly attend Regina Division’s ”Annual Shoot“ in March and host an inter-divisional meeting in North Battleford in April each year.
- We were honoured to host AGM 2013 in Saskatoon and look forward to hosting another AGM at some point in the future.
- In August we sponsor the 10th Annual Memorial Golf Tournament to honor our fallen comrades.
- We regularly contribute time and treasures to the Royal Canadian Legion and the Salvation Army.
Sick and shut-in visits
Visitations to veterans and members, and get-well offerings.
- Remembrance Day and police/peace officer memorial services
- RCMP medal ceremonies
- Division advocacy; Updates on veteran issues and benefits, such as estate planning insurance, etc.
- Annual gravesite inspections
- Annual Christmas Social (spouses of fallen comrades are our gratis guests).