Membership in the association is open to a wide range of former and serving members and employees of the RCMP. Membership is only available to a person of good character who has had his/her application reviewed and approved by a division credentials committee.
- Fellowship & Networking: Enjoy the fellowship of having served in the RCMP Family, at your own pace and in a way that fits your preferences;
- Information & Education: Be kept informed on matters affecting the Association and members…follow us on our website, Facebook, Twitter, email news and Last Post announcements, and participate in seminars;
- Representation & Advocacy: Know that the Association constantly represents the interests of members, with the Force, at the federal government level, and at the local community level, e.g. Board members take part in various government committees to protect and improve benefits, including testifying at Parliamentary committees to inform our governments at all levels about our Association and to protect our acquired benefits;
- Support & Assistance: Know that assistance will be provided to members and their families when needed, including access to the RCMP Benefit Trust Fund;
- Bereavement Support: Know that spouses and families will receive assistance, after the death of members/pensioners, including support with funeral arrangements and follow-up on allowances and benefits;
- Opportunity: To share in our efforts to preserve and continually enrich the heritage and traditions of our RCMP family and to actively participate in the affairs of the Association;
- Loyalty Programs: For “member only” access to several goods, services, and events, under or through the Association; and
We are: Veterans helping veterans and their families under a not-for-profit organization operated by volunteers…
Why not join your RCMP Veterans’ Association with confidence, knowing that you and your family are welcomed and will be cared for in the good and bad times of life after the Force, and that your Association is operated in a purposeful and fiscally responsible manner for its members.
Thank you for considering a membership with the Association, to assist you in using this online application and payment program, there are some Frequently Asked Questions and Answers (FAQs) below that you may wish to review before you begin. Should you experience problems with the application/payment process, please send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org – you will receive a response within 24 hours or sooner.
- Who should complete an online application for membership?
Only new persons who are eligible to be an Active member and have not belonged to
the Association or former members of the Association prior to 2016.
- What are the categories of membership and which one am I eligible for?
There two (2) categories: Voting (Active and Life Members) and Non-Voting (Associate and Honourary). For Active membership, you must be a former member of the RCMP, a Civilian Member, the RCMP Reserve, the RCMP Auxillary with more than 3 years, or a Federal/Municipal Employee with more than 5 years with the RCMP. If you are of good character and meet any of the above criteria, you may complete an online membership application with the required payment for your chosen division. Upon successful review of your application by the division’s credentials committee, you become an Active member.
- How do I select the Division that I wish to belong to?
You will have a choice of 30 divisions, simply choose that one that is the best fit – you do not have to reside in the area of a division or its primary location for meetings, some divisions cover an entire province, others cover major urban and rural areas.
- Why should I apply online for an Active membership?
By using the online application and payment option, you will be eligible to renew online and automatically receive email notices to renew your membership, each January 1st and to provide you with easy access to the website, e.g. Members’ Only information.
- If I do not qualify for an Active membership, how do I apply for an Associate membership?
All applications for Associate membership should be made directly to the division of your choice. The contact information for each division is located on the Divisions’
webpage on this website. You should NOT complete an online application for Associate membership.
- What happens if I do not get a receipt after submitting my payment?
You should receive an email receipt within a few minutes to the email address you
entered in the application. If the receipt is not found in your inbox, check your junk mail folder. If no receipt is issued, the payment may not have cleared and you should be expected to be contacted with a “link to redo your payment” within 48 hours. You should also send an email to: email@example.com and assistance will be provided to complete the transaction.
- If I am a current Active member of the Association, may I renew my annual
membership via this online process?
No, please do not attempt to do an online renewal, at this time. Plans are underway to offer members an online renewal for 2020 and more information will follow to the membership, in 2019.
- How do I renew my membership, at this time?
Please renew through your division.
- How do I get more information on membership in the Association?
You are encouraged to contact the division that you are interested in belonging to (contact information is on the Division Profile in this website) or general information is available by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
I am applying
Ready to become a member? Apply and pay for your membership online!
If you meet the membership criteria, you are invited to complete and submit an application online, which will be automatically sent to your chosen division for review. Once approved, you will receive a confirmation email containing first-time login instructions.
I am renewing my
Already a member? Renew and pay for your membership online!
Simply log in and submit your billing information to complete the process.
Contact our Help Desk at the following email address: