Year Established: 1978
2016 Membership: 229 active and life / 46 associate and honorary
Regular Meetings: Dinner, third Tuesday of the month (September to June) / Coffee every Tuesday morning
Communications: Monthly division newsletter
709-772-4187 (Tuesday only)
The majority of the Veteran’s live in or around the St. John’s area and meet for a Dinner Meeting on the 3rd Tuesday of each Month, except July and August. Once a year the Executive makes a cross island tour in November – Dinner meetings at two locations and meetings at two others and ends with participation at the local Remembrance Day Parade.
Tradition and heritage events
- We make a point to attend wakes and funerals for Retired Members and/or their families in groups, dressed in red serge or red/blue veteran’s blazer. This honour to our fallen colleagues is well noted by the community at large.
- Twice a year, our members assist in serving meals to the homeless in St. John’s. It is well organized and appreciated by the community.
Sick and shut-in visits
Daily by chaplain and members.
RCMP medal ceremonies; Regimental Dinners; Remembrance Day; Police /Peace Officer Memorial; Battle of the Atlantic; Battle of Britain Service; Memorial Day.
- Division advocacy; Updates on veteran issues and benefits, such as estate planning insurance, etc.;
- Annual gravesite inspections;
- Division Host for Association AGMs: Last in 2011
- Christmas & Valentine’s Dinners;
- Annual RCMP Charity Hockey Tournament;
- Eastport Fall Festival;
- Church Lads Brigade;
- Supports Red Cross with drivers for patients.